Fully Alive By Ken Davis Review

Thrift Schooling
0

I had the privilege to hear Christian comedian Ken Davis speak about a year ago. This guy is hilarious. No joke. This guy had a crowd of thousands of women laughing so hard, we were crying. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Usually when you hear a comedian it can be entertaining but then the perversion or cussing always creeps it way in there, ruining the whole act! Not with Ken Davis. He's clean, funny, and not cheesy like some Christian comedians out there. 

When I received the opportunity to review one of his latest books, Fully Alive, I was excited. Busy with home schooling, housework and such, I certainly was in the mood to dive into an easy, entertaining read!  I wasn't disappointed. The author's writing style is easy to follow and  his stories enticing. One thing that surprised me, was that the book had a more serious overtone. The book follows Davis' personal journey on realizing what it means to become more, "Fully Alive." He definitely puts himself out there and shares his hurts, pains and struggles throughout his journey. I'll give anyone credit for that, for opening up to encourage others to join the path they have taken to a better life. 

Davis shares his weights loss journey primarily and continues on with his spiritual journey to becoming more "Fully Alive." He says over and over in the book that it's not meant to be a weight loss book, but I think since that is what jump started his journey, it almost comes across as one. He definitely brings some different angles on how to be more "Fully Alive," in other areas of your life, but the area of weight loss seems the primary focus. With that said, I would recommend this book for someone looking for encouragement who is planning on starting their own weight loss venture!

 My only concern is that I was surprised that the author mentioned how there are no scriptures in the Bible concerning exercise when  there is at least one. 1 Timothy 4:8 says, 
For bodily exercise profits little: but godliness is profitable to all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

I received this book for the purpose of the review free from Booksneeze.com. I was not paid and the opinions stated are my own. 


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !