A Day in The Life

Thrift Schooling
0


One of the joys of homeschooling is that you don't need to be tied down to some sort of schedule. You can be as relaxed or ridged as you want. Believe it or not, I'm the type of person that likes a plan. A schedule. A chart. But, that poses a huge problem. When the plan gets messed up, so do I. That does not make for a happy household and seems to defeat the whole purpose of homeschooling. I mean, I am supposed to be cherishing these years with my kids, not just getting by with some sort of checklist, right?  I've tried both approaches. One extreme, super chart driven and on the other end, completely relaxed. Neither worked very well. Everyone get stressed out with the charts and my kids are too young to be left to their own devices to try the relaxed method.

Basically, what it comes down to, is you just need to find out what works for you and your family. At this point I feel we have found what works for us. But I'm sure, within a few months things will change and as the kids get older it will change even more!

This is how we do things for now. 
We usually begin the day around 8:30. 

  Prayer
  Worship
Bible
   History
           Oral Reading (2nd Grader)
            Writing (Pre-K and K) 
          Independent  Reading (2nd Grader)

SNACK

Science
Spelling

LUNCH

Play Time
Math
Writing (2nd Grader)
Piano
Computer



If we do art it's usually in the afternoon. Also, if we have a unit study we are working on that will generally be in the afternoons. Right now we are doing a hands-on tree study and the kids love it!






Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !