Be Transformed! 2016 Virginia Homeschool Convention

Thrift Schooling
0
Click Here to Enlarge

2016 Virginia Homeschool Convention

Greater Richmond Convention Center

June 9-11, 2016

$79/ family ($69/HEAV Members)


Three years ago I attended my first Home Educators of Virginia Convention and was blown away. I felt like a kid at summer camp. It was refreshing, informative and life changing. Last year I attended as well, but not as an attendee. I worked in a booth helping one of the speakers. This was invigorating in a different way. I wasn't able to attend the seminars or visit the vendors but I still met amazing people and was able to share some of my experiences with homeschooling families from the other side of the table. Whether you go to glean or serve, you will be blessed. 

During one of my breaks last year, I was able to sneak away to the Used Curriculum Sale. After I was in the room for a few minutes one of the volunteers stood up with mic in hand and began to pray. He sincerely prayed that those who came to the sale would be blessed with the materials that they needed, that the Lord would help them find what they came looking for. This spoke volumes to me. It showed me the heart of the convention, the vendors and the speakers was not to make money off poor homeschooling families but to truly bless them and help guide them in the decision that they have made. The same held true in the Exhibit Hall. Each day, before the hall was opened, a prayer was prayed over the vendors. One morning, the man who prayed mentioned that some of the people present made their living from what would be sold at this convention. It's true. It's not as if these people just trying to make a quick buck but some of them invest everything they are into their homeschool friendly business so they can both help others and make a living at the same time. It helped me put things into perspective. These vendors are people and many are mom and pop businesses trying to grow.

2016 is going to be another awesome year. This year's theme is BE TRANSFORMED and there are going to be some amazing speakers!



Some of the people that I am looking forward to hearing from are:

Joel Salatin - Polyface Farms
Kirk Martin - Celebrate Calm
Michael Farris- HSLDA
Sharon Jeffus- Visual Manna
Heidi St. John- The Busy Mom

and so many more!

KEYNOTES
Shaun Alexander- Seattle Seahawks
Alex Kendrick- War Room, Courageous 
Michael Farris- HSLDA 

Only $79 per family!


Stay tuned, at the end of this month I will be sharing fun activities for the kids at the convention this year. In April, I will be giving away a FULL CONVENTION pass good for you and your whole family!

***Are you on Twitter? VOTE for a convention speaker that you would love to see an interview from!***


Disclaimer: This post is brought to you by HEAV. All opinions stated here are my own.

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Accept !